The Board of Directors has determined six major goals with actions items for the 2016-17 school year. These goals are critical to obtaining Board’s goals and objectives.
- Continue programs, services and partnerships to ensure equity of opportunities districtwide.
- Implement the district equity action plan and monitor it to ensure that the district’s intended emphasis on equity is being realized.
- Create district equity policy.
- Continue monitoring results of the harassment, intimidation and bullying policy and program.
Improve Academic Performance
- Improve graduation rates with a goal of 90% graduation.
- Use data to tailor the educational process to meet each individual student’s needs.
- Conduct a school program audit at CMMS, SMS and CMS.
- Monitor the success of Response to Intervention (RTI).
- Continue implementation of Digital Learning with reporting on how the implementation is affecting academic performance.
Sustain Community-School Relations
- Continue collaboration with legislative, military and community groups.
- Continue work with government officials to provide sidewalks, community parks and support services to students and families in the district.
- Continue to explore improvement of communications through technology opportunities that can actively engage and seek input from parents, teachers, students and the community.
- Examine opportunities to engage the Bethel community.
- Review Communications Department staffing and planning.
Provide Guidance of Capital Construction
- Develop plans for next capital bond projects.
- Review/survey building maintenance needs.
- Monitor district operations for opportunities to maximize cost effectiveness and ensure the district’s obligation to be a good steward of its resources.
- Provide reporting on efficiencies attained by the new transportation center.
- Ensure reliable technology service.